I'm just wondering...
I've spent 20 years on EARTH.
So what have I accomplished so far?
Has my life been fruitful? a waste or time? meaningless?
I don't know.
Studies.
I did my PSLE.OLevels. and now completing my diploma.
a somewhat normal route.
I have tried my hand at writing, emceeing, debating, Scrabble, netball, badminton, filming, art, dancing, kayaking, malay, chinese, and a lil' french.
Seen the world yet?
I have visited Pulau Ubin, Sentosa, Bali, Brunei, Singapore-duh.
Watched documentaries, travel logs, travel magazines.
Spiritually, somewhere in limbo now...
After leaving IHM, kinda drifted off... though making an effort to go to holy trinity every Sunday.
Love life: Zilch. na-da. except for the one or two mixed signals.
Friends: Plenty of accquaintances, few good friends.
Come to think of it. despite all the assorted certs accumulated in school and all the CCA points jazz. I can't really think of any ONE thing I did that I can really be proud of. And that is kinda sad...
Maybe, I just overlook the simple things. Or maybe I have high standards. Either way I look at it, it seems that after my poly dip. I'll go into PR or advertising and end up caught in the corporate race up the ladder...
Probably do a part-time/ full-time degree in Media& Comm.
Joe Augustin might have prompted my sudden analysis of my life and interests.
He gave a 'radio' related talk the other day, where he related his experiences and the importance of finding out what one is really good at. It was a most invaluable insight. And it has been bothering me ever since.
Well it is a true fact that the world revolves around money. Not just love and fresh air. If you have money, you have power to make things happen. And that is the bottomline.
What he said was mainly, that one should try everything out and choose something to focus on and work on it. By specialising in that area you can become indispensable and wanted.(ie. head-hunted by corporations)
He talked about personal branding and how it too is important. The way you market yourself and make yourself known amongst people. Its a way of getting more job opportunities.
Lastly, making use of the internet. Do not wait for your dream job to fall into place. Make it happen. Make yourself known. And network.
Now that's plenty food for thought!
Dreaming of a new day ahead!;
Just making my way through the crowd