Sometimes it feels that half my life I'm living a lie. Who do I deceive but myself? As Jem puts it appropriately 'we are just suppressing negative aspects of human nature that is already inherent in us'. It's like the hideous aspects that threaten to rear its ugly head.
Instinctively, I would calculate the benefits I would get out of a situation even if I didn't want to do it. I am a YES-man I don't deny. I find it hard to turn people down and I hate myself for saying No.
Society dicatates proper decorum thus, it is innate nature that I should behave in a certain manner no?
The bigger question is why?
Is this deceit making or lives a lil' bearable? or is it just creating a plastic facade that is meant to please and placate people?
Human beings are such complex creatures with many needs and desires that seem endless. That I believe is the root of all evil. The need for power feeds the evil in mankind. It will one day lead to the destruction or is already in process as can be seen around the world.
It greatly bothers and saddens me.
Hope and salvation seems a distant and foolish thought.
Is it possible?
Delving deeper would mean studying the profound aspects of Anthropology and psychology.
....
Dreaming of a new day ahead!;
Just making my way through the crowd