Makes me wonder sometimes, whether people really know what they're talking about when they just openly make untrue statements in public areas like the MRT-especially on something as sensitive as religion.
A careless remark might just add tensions amongst fellow Singaporeans.
I've had about 3 encounters on the MRT or more. Once, was made by some 2 teenage boys who were obviously very caught up in the Da Vinci codes movie. They were discussing the storyline in great detail but seemed rather confused as far as telling apart fact from fiction. An example: Ooh, ya jesus actually married mary secretly and had a child.
Oh really? I wish I could just tell them to get REAL and read up first.
Another example, middle-aged tai tai's who sit and talk.
An exerpt: "that friend of yours roman catholic ah?
Oh that one can pray to other gods also can."
She meant obviously other Gods meaning besides Jesus, Mary as well.
But the way she said it obviously had some underlying meaning tinged in it. She too was probably a fellow Christian.
Kinda pisses me off, why can't we just respect each other's religion instead of referring to it in such manner?
*the above was written with no intention to offend anybody.but to create awareness:)
Well anyway, I saw this picture online. I like-
See how the lightning illuminates the tornado admist the darkness?
It's for REAL- NO photoshop at all.
Don't believe me? Check out the original website:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sedalia.asp
The power of mother nature working *magic*:)
Dreaming of a new day ahead!;
Just making my way through the crowd